Monday, July 10, 2017





July 10, 2017

Well I have been home visiting my beautiful daughter-in-law and her 3 wonderful children since July 2nd. I have attached a picture of me posing with the youngest, Sarah.
She is only 1 year old. It has been a blast getting to know her. It was also fun to see my mom and step dad interact with the kids. Sophia, the middle child, loves to visit their apartment and just hang out.  She loves to sing and makes up a song as she goes along about whatever task she's doing. Judah is the eldest and we did lots of things together including set up a lemonade stand. He told me today he made $9! 
    Renee hosted a bridal shower at our house yesterday for her niece , Hope Adams. It was a blessing to see so many from the Adams and Ritchie families at one time.
    Renee will carry me back to Pearisburg, VA tonight and I will return to hiking tomorrow. I have laid out a plan that should see me in Damascus, VA by July 21. 
    Our daughter, Mary, will travel to our home town on July 16 and while she is in Renee will bring her and Judah to visit me on the trail. I am looking forward to that.
 
    I have attached a picture of nephew posing with a friend made on the trail. He chose to leave the trail a couple of days ago as he
realized he had a serious stomach bug. He has been given the required meds and has been resting in a hostel located in Monsoon, ME. He only has around 45 mi to reach the northern end of the AT, the summit of Mt. Kathadin. He is definitely sporting the beard of a thru hiker. Pray he fully recovers his strength quickly. 

Uncle

No comments:

Post a Comment